HOW THE PROCESS WORKS
Contact Me + Send Current Resume or Narrative of Work History + Confirm Career Goal + Obtain A Quote + Place Order + Send Job Ads of Interest + Answer A Few Questions In Writing + Participate In A Scheduled Info-Gathering Call + Allow Up To 2 Weeks To Receive Your First Draft + Suggest Revisions + Receive MS Word and PDF of Finalized Resume.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org (include your current resume if you have one) or call me directly at (631) 224-9300 to become acquainted, to confirm a quote, and to discuss next steps. If you do not have an old / current resume, I will require you to email me a chronological breakdown of your work history.
- Tell me what your career goals are and the type of position(s) and industries you plan to target.
- Place your order based on our phone call or email discussion.
- Send me 3 job ads from Indeed.com or LinkedIn.com
- Complete a handful of questions in writing.
- Participate in a schedule info-gathering call.
- If you have additional information on file such as a list of achievements or performance evaluations, please share.
- The turnaround is up to two weeks (14-business days) from the time we have our info-gathering call to receive your first draft.
- I will email the draft to you as a MS Word for Windows file and a PDF file.
- Review your new resume. Use the Comments feature in MS Word to suggest edits or email a list of items you would like me to change. Then, email it back to me.
- I will revise the resume within 1 business day. If you would prefer to do it by phone, we can schedule a call.
- Once you approve the resume and other documents, if ordered separately, I will send you the finalized files in both MS Word and PDF file versions.
- Last, but not least, I am always an email or phone call away after we finalize in case you have a question.
MY RESUME APPROACH
In addition to creating a tailored career profile that includes the right keywords, I like to create a backstory to frame your experience and your achievements. That is what we collaborate on: Your experience. Your backstory. Your achievements. I take care of the design, wording, and strategy. As any good team, we collaborate on the process from the get-go to the finish line.
Resume writing requires critical thinking and lots of creativity in terms of how the information should flow, what the messaging should be, and how the resume should be designed – from modest to modern. I take many things into consideration that influence the resume strategy, such as the business environments you’ve worked in and/or are targeting. For example, startup ventures, high-growth companies, and brick ‘n clicks.
Moreover, I shape your brand to put you in a certain light. For example, are you a turnaround strategist? Maybe you are an industry trailblazer who has taken risks to drive the success of new business ventures. These “X factors” will grab and hold a reader’s attention and encourage them to call you.
You can request a refund if we have not engaged yet in the highly consultative, customized info-gathering process. Your order will be converted to a credit that you can use at a later time or transfer it to someone who qualifies for the same or higher price point. If a higher price point, they will be required to pay the difference.
Many hours and consultation goes into the process. I trust that you hired me because you were referred or have done your research on my services e.g. resume samples and credentials. When considering the extensive hands-on process that has a value in and of itself, coupled with an intense resume development process that reflects our plans and the information that you provided me, a monetary refund is not offered. However, because I stand behind my work and value our professional relationship, I will work with you to understand what it is that you would like to see changed. You will have 30 days to rectify any issues, as this is ample time to identify why the resume might not be generating expected results. I would need to know what that is, as the resume is not the only factor. There are many extenuating circumstances such as your job search approach, being over or under qualified for whatever reason or that the position was filled but they have not taken the announcement down, as well as other reasons that have nothing to do with the resume. I’m here to work with you to identify what that might be and to help you overcome those hurdles.
Call my direct line at (631) 224-9300 to become acquainted so I can understand your need for my services and take you through next steps.
Please leave a message if I am on the phone or away writing & in the zone. Mention that you have been to my website and briefly explain your situation e.g., “I am a Director of Sales in the digital marketing space with more than 20 years of experience and need a resume for a possible opportunity.” Once I come up for air, I will return your call!
Thank you for considering my services. I look forward to hearing from you!
Ann Baehr, President & CPRW
BEST RESUMES OF NEW YORK